6 Creating Test Cases
The ECharts for SIP Servlets development kit includes the KitCAT (Kit for Converged
Application Testing) testing framework . KitCAT is a Java library for functional
testing of SIP/RTP applications and is released open source (available from
http://echarts.org). The following are some of the key features supported by KitCAT for
- A single test case hosting multiple test SIP/RTP endpoints.
- High level primitives (e.g., call, answer) that hide the test writer from
protocol details; Primitives to support modifications to SIP messages such as
adding/updating a header, where necessary
- Assertion primitives to validate conditions on endpoint states and messages
sent/received by agents
- Ability to send/receive RTP stream (G.711 mu-law codec with 20ms
packetization) to/from remote peer.
- Ability to send DTMF key sequence specified as a string.
More information about KitCAT can be obtained from http://echarts.org/KitCAT.